A while back I decided I needed to start blogging (thanks Michelle), mainly because one day during a conversation with her, I had a realization.....very few people can truly understand the daily struggles and rejoices that being a foster family brings! When we took our preservice training classes we were told by the instructor that when you tell others you are going to foster, you will get one of two responses.... Oh my goodness how wonderful, what angels you are! or... Oh my, are you sure you want to do that, why??
Well, no matter what we were told by others, December 23rd 2009 we took our first placement and almost 2 years and 5 babies later, we're still here doing what we were called by HIM to do! Most days are wonderful, but somedays I sit all day with tears welled up in my eyes - asking HIM why me!!! We normally have 2 babies, my friends kid me that I get one to 10mo. and they send me another - and I think I like it that way! haha! But currently, we only have 1 placement my chunky monkey (13months), who we've had since he was 2 days old, hopefully soon he will officially be ours, but only God knows that plan! So for now we wait until that phone rings again with our next little starfish, hence the title of this Blog...we are all God's children and everyone deserves a chance to be "saved"!
No comments:
Post a Comment