Wednesday, October 26, 2011

faith and prayer

I have to start this post by trying to explain the anxiety we deal with everyday! I don't know how many readers of my blog are mothers or fathers but for those of you who are I am going to ask you to imagine with me... first remember the day you brought your tiny baby home from the hospital and on that day someone tells you - now I may come and get them in a few weeks maybe a month because there is someone else who we think can raise them better than you. So you wait and wait and they never come for him. Now fast forward to the day they turn 6 mo old, someone knocks on your door again and says Hi - I think we have found another someone else who may want your baby more than you, but we have to check them out first, well you wait 6 more months and they never come. Now your baby is having his first birthday party, and that person knocks on your door yet again and tells you - Now we have a very special person that loves your baby so much more than you ever could and they have only have to do just a few very small things and your baby will go to live with them forever and can have no say in who this person is, says or does to your baby and you will most likely never see them again! Unfortunately this is a close representation of what you "sign up" for when you foster or foster to adopt!
This is the roller coaster we have been on for the past 14 months with our dear "Patroa"! We had a court hearing on Monday and BM was given six weeks instead of the typical 90 days to get her "stuff" together or a Permanent Custody hearing will be scheduled, after which we will be able to adopt him and he will "officially" be our child- even though we have loved him in just that same way always!
I am often asked how we deal with this "drama" and all I can answer is the power of prayer and unending faith in God! So as I end this post I ask for the continued prayers of all of my blog readers for his permanency and our sanity!

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

I also ask for prayers for our little "peanut" who is struggling to maintain  good blood pressures, so that he can come home as our next little starfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment